Friday, July 31, 2009

Response to "Five Ways to Grow as a Digital Writer"

What happens after "the end" is the focus of chapter 11, "Five Ways to Grow as a Digital Writer". Two of the suggestions, join online communities and create a personal learning network, I've already begun to do through this class. The other three, view and create online teacher cases, conduct teacher action research, and create an e portfolio, I would consider doing in a somewhat limited way. For example, this blog has come to represent a type of e portfolio, a place to think about and record my learning and projects I've created. My goal is to add to this blog--just for myself--as I find more and interesting projects that might be useful. I would like to read about other teacher cases, and as I do more with my classes, I might feel bold enough to contribute to this online learning community. As for teacher action research, it seems as though we all do this informally every day, and this informal action research, combined with the blog reflections, will help me grow in my practice and abilities.

In all, I am more excited than ever about the possibilities for learning and writing with digital technologies. I realize that there is more out there than I will ever be able to fully use, but being able to bring my students' learning into another dimension through web 2.0 technologies will enable me to help my students become full participants in shaping the future. I am excited for what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment